Monday, August 29, 2016

Welcome to my first blog post, and my third finish of the year!


This is Jardin Prive's Quaker de Normandie. I started it in July when I flew to California; I was looking for something relatively simple to stitch on the plane and this one only has 6 colors. It's all just the called-for DMC on white eavenweave. 
Plane stitching? A challenge, I think. I was sitting next to my sister so I wasn't super worried about elbowing her (she's my younger sister, what can I say) but we had turbulence and I did manage to spill diet coke all over myself. I mostly kept the Q-snap out of it, but sacrificed myself to save it. What can you do.
Some parts of this were super repetitive, but I did enjoy it. I spent most of Stranger Things on Netflix stitching the blue skirt, which was perfect for the amount of concentration that show required.

Current plan is to frame this (myself!) and hang it somewhere in my apartment. One day I'll do Jardin Prive's Quaker de Bretagne and put them side-by-side. I've spent a bit of time in both Normandy and Brittany, but I started with Normandy because of the cheese. I love Camembert.


No comments:

Post a Comment